Friday, March 20, 2020

The Solitary Life

Man, I realize some have only been holed up for a week now, but we are going on two weeks over here.

California is now officially on lockdown, but it won't change my routine, which consists of only leaving the house for walks with the dog, runs and the occasional store (beer) run.

Only essential places operating as of midnight, marijuana shops and car washes among them. California.

I have seen a couple good movies, Dark Waters and Thunder Road. Also reading Ryan Walsh's Astral Weeks, which makes me hate Boston slightly less.

I think we'll be in this state for a while - the state of not-knowing how this is all going to unfold. The government response has been dismal and I fear the economic turmoil will be irreparable. People need real relief - all student loans held for three months (forgiven would be nice). All mortgages - personal and commercial - on hold for three months. No rent for anyone or any biz for three months. It's the only way I see restaurants and all those who are now jobless, surviving this somewhat intact. But who the fuck am I?

A lot of folks are struggling. I'm feeling for my friends who released a fantastic album today (buy it if you can!). Their tour will be canceled/postponed. Speaking of music, all profits from Bandcamp go to the bands today. If you have any extra cash, it's a great way to support the musicians out there.


Here's Joni, the Mexican street dog, during our morning jaunt to the basketball courts where she chases her ball until she collapses. This usually wears her out until the early afternoon when she's tugging at my shirt sleeves to go out for another round. Keep on keepin' on.


Also, the place that employs me is giving away FREE eBooks



5 comments:

  1. FREE E-Books???? Dang! I'm headed there now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark Waters was good. Made me want to throw out all my pans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to this episode of Open Source, where John Payne guides you though a listening of the title track https://radioopensource.org/van-morrisons-cosmic-accident/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally listened to this, very good!

    ReplyDelete

Test -- can you comment if this is here?

Orienting Between Hyperobjects

An initial warning: I know this blog is for people to talk about the quarantine and various experiences they've been having, and I fully...