Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Sights from GeoGuessr

I could write an essay about GeoGuessr and the shallow pleasures of virtual exploring, but I just....don't want to and don't believe it would be that interesting. Instead I want to post photos from my recent foray on GeoGuessr, which you should play if you haven't. Link here. Basically you just wander through Google Street View and you have to guess where you are in the world. A very gentle game, not that frustrating, and with occasionally unusual sights. From this morning's wander:


This was Reykjavik, which, for the record, I guessed correctly.


I had to follow this guy walking his beagle. I guessed Utah, it was Montana.


This was in Bolivia.


Can you see the specter of the horse, faintly, on the left? This is in Fiji, I guessed Malaysia.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Test -- can you comment if this is here?

Orienting Between Hyperobjects

An initial warning: I know this blog is for people to talk about the quarantine and various experiences they've been having, and I fully...