Sunday, March 22, 2020

coffee: an isolation series


Cafe Bustelo brand coffee bricks
Our Bustelo store...prior to COVID-19.



Places I would have liked coffee from, but smartly weren’t open:

Cafe Grumpy
Odd Fox
Champion Coffee (Nassau Ave)
Ovenly


Places that weren’t open, but I only was pretending I would have gotten coffee from anyway:

Champion Coffee (Manhattan Ave)
Ashbox Cafe
Woops Bakeshop


Places open, but I chose not to check out:

Eleva - This apparently recently opened in those big new condo buildings on that new street,
“Bell Slip”. I need some time to accept that this street exists and that someday, possibly, I will try
the coffee here. I just wasn’t sure if I could get there yet, like when the Bachelor tells the ladies he
likes, but just hasn’t gotten to know as well compared to the other women who are left on the show,
and can’t give them a rose.

Eagle Street Trading Co - I got anxious as I thought it was too close to closing time to bother them
with an espresso request.


Unknown, aka I forgot to walk up those blocks:

Bakeri
Sweetleaf (Greenpoint)


Attempts this week to associate coffee with home rather than the outdoors in light of social distancing:

- Using a grinder my dad bought me for the first time after months of occasionally looking at it, but never
making an attempt to utilize.

a hand Java Presse branded coffee grinder


- Making Bustelo in the little Bialetti.



A Timeline:

a guy sitting at a table next to a newspaper
Last chance last week at Charlotte
an orange coffee mug with a grumpy face icon
Current situation: Home
a morose girl holding a plastic coffee cup
Last chance to-go coffee from Variety
an Instax photo in front of a coffee shop
Last chance to-go coffee at Hungry Ghost



1 comment:

Test -- can you comment if this is here?

Orienting Between Hyperobjects

An initial warning: I know this blog is for people to talk about the quarantine and various experiences they've been having, and I fully...